Hospitality and Catering
NATIONAL DIPLOMA: N4 HOSPITALITY AND CATERING
These qualifications were developed to reflect a changing industry, incorporating management concepts and theories, of client relations, basic cooking, culinary management skills, knowledge of food preparation, menu planning and food supervision. This qualification is aimed primarily at giving learners technical, theoretical, practical and workplace knowledge and skills required in their chosen occupational/vocational area.
This course is specially designed for distant learning (also known as e-Learning).
At EMET we make use of modern e-Learning technology, utilising our Virtual Classroom as the main method of distant learning. It allows learners, through EMET’s Virtual Classroom design, to be equipped and trained, at leisure, Nationally. This enables learners to remain in their daily work while being equipped part-time.
Learners will be able to communicate with facilitators via email.
Career Fields/Further Studies
• Hotel, Restaurant and Guesthouse Management • Food & Beverage Service • Function Catering • Test Kitchens • Conference and Banqueting
N4 HOSPITALITY AND CATERING (SAQA ID 66879)
- Applied Management N4
- Sanitation & Safety N4
- Sanitation & Housekeeping N4
- Catering Theory & Practical N4
- Nutrition & Menu Planning N4
N5 HOSPITALITY AND CATERING (SAQA ID 66958)
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management N5
- Applied Management N5
- Catering Theory & Practical N5
- Food and Beverage Service N5
N6 HOSPITALITY AND CATERING (SAQA ID 67003)
- Catering Theory & Practical N6
- Applied Management N6
- Computer Practise N6
- Communication and Human Relations N6
- After completing the N6 Certificate, students need to complete 18 months of practical experience in their area of study to obtain a National N-Diploma.
The National N Diploma: Hospitality and Catering is a National N Diploma of the Department of Education.
NQF LEVEL: 5
You should be able to complete this course within 36 months.
Learners need one of the following: • National Senior Certificate • N3 in the relevant specialisation area.
Upon successful completion of the N4+N5+N6 National Certificates and the relevant 18 months practical workplace learning, the learner will be awarded the National N Diploma Level 6 from the Department of Education.